Shop supervisor is accountable for the efficiency and discipline of all shop technicians assigned to him/her. He/she must possess a deep knowledge of construction equipment repair processes and have excellent organizational skills. Customer relations and customer satisfaction are also key ingredients of the job.
PRINCIPAL FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES (including, but not limited to):
- The supervisor is responsible for all field service activity in his/her territory.
- Exemplify our Corporate Values of Integrity, Customer Focus, Accountability and Teamwork
- Provide leadership and direction as required to achieve the highest levels of customer satisfaction, employee engagement and profitability
- Conduct regular meetings to coordinate activities, provide guidance, gather information and communicate company strategy
- Manage work-flow and scheduling to achieve the highest levels of customer satisfaction and shop efficiency
- Manage service, repair and reconditioning of machines and components.
- Manage shop service customer communications and instill deep customer loyalty.
- Manage the work order process from opening jobs through job invoicing
- Develop quotes for complex jobs and quote approvals
- Consistently enforce work rules and company policies
- Effectively manage all Work In Progress (WIP)
- Conduct semi-annual performance reviews for all direct reports
- Ensure operations conform to industry and company performance metrics and benchmarks
- Occasionally participate in sales calls with Sales Reps.
- Perform all safety inspections on field vehicles and current employee safety programs.
Direct reports to include all shop technicians, apprentices and helpers reporting to him. Manage all admin personnel assigned to his/her area.
- Associates degree preferred with minimum of two years management experience in construction equipment service and repair
- Experience as an Equipment Manager or Service Manager a plus
- Advanced user of all Microsoft Office products to include Excel
- Working knowledge of Caterpillar programs DBSi, PSQ , SMIS 2 and PSEL a plus
- Working knowledge of DSI dispatch system a plus
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to understand, interpret and leverage performance metrics related to efficiency, productivity, profitability, safety, market share, resource deployment and general operations.
- Exceptional communication, management, leadership and interpersonal skills
- Working knowledge of OSHA and EPA regulations as they relate to the industry
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disabled/Vets