National Forklift Safety Day
Here are a few Safety Best Practices we recommend:
- Always use the lift truck’s operator seat belt or restraint system.
- Stay inside the operator compartment, and never reach into moving parts of the truck.
- Obey all company safety rules and posted traffic signs – including speed limits.
Keep a clear view of the path of travel.
- Start, stop and change directions smoothly.
- Sound the horn and slow down when approaching intersections, blind corners, door and ramp openings, pedestrians and other vehicles, and when backing up.
When traveling, keep the forks in a low position that provides adequate clearance over the surfaces you will travel.
- Maintain a safe distance from the edge of docks.
- Never jump on or off a stationary or moving lift truck.
- Operators should always wear the required protective clothing and equipment for your application, such as steel-toed shoes and a safety vest.
- Ensure all operators are properly trained and certified to operate a lift truck.